Text size :
1. Following a press release from Ministry of Health and Ministry of Primary Resources & Tourism on the suspension of food imports from several areas in Japan on February 2015, both ministries would like to inform the public about the recent amendments with regards to the importation suspension as mentioned. This amendment is based on continuous monitoring, investigation on current situation and information received by the ministry of health and ministry of primary resources & tourism from several regional states and international organisations.
2. In this regard, this is to inform to all importers and the public that:
Suspension of food and food products such as meat, fruits, vegetables, seafood, milk and dairy products from the Fukushima District is now lifted. However, importers who wish to import the aforementioned products from Japan are required to comply with the terms as follow:
i. Food products and ingredients that originate specifically from the Fukushima
District are required to submit:
a. Food Import Declaration Form to Brunei Darussalam;
b. Radioactive Substance Analysis Report.
ii. Food products and ingredients that originate other than from the Fukushima
a. Food Import Declaration Form to Brunei Darussalam.
3. The terms of the importation are additional requirements for all products that originate from Japan and the existing terms of importation under the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Primary Resources & Tourism must be complied. The terms set out above will also be reviewed from time to time.
4. The measures taken above are to ensure that all foods that are imported into the country are safe to consume and free from radioactive substances.
5. For any enquires and further information, the public can contact:
Food Safety and Quality Control Division
Health Screening Centre
Public Health Service
Ministry of Health
Jalan Delima Dua, Berakas BB2313
Phone Number: 2331100-5 / 06/08/09/10
Fax number: 2331107
Department of Agriculture and Agrifood
Ministry of Primary Resources & Tourism
Phone Number: 2388000
Fax number: 2382226/2381639
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
© Copyright Ministry of Primary Resources and Tourism, Brunei Darussalam. All Right Reserved.